Tuesday 15 January 2013

Interviews - like buses...

... non for ages then two come along at once.

I had a phone call from a guy I used to work with.  He now runs a window manufacturing company and he needs someone with experience of processing window orders - and my name came up.  So he rang me.

Now I have an interview on Thursday and I'm going to see him on Friday.  Two interviews in two days.

How did my name come up? That is a strange coincidence.

Some months ago I was in town collecting a parcel from the post office when I hear a voice say, "Excuse me, are you Greg Smith?"

I answer, yes.  It is a man I don't recognise.

He says, "Did you used to work at Window Company  #1" *

"Do you remember So-and-so?" *

Again I answer in the affirmative.  So-and-so worked at Window Company #2. *

It turns out So-and-so had asked about me, because the guy I didn't recognise worked at Window Company #1 when I did.  In fact (to blow my own trumpet), he had described me as 'the best order processor he had ever known.'

So now So-and-so needs an experienced order processor and called me.  I'm not sure where he got my number after 15 years.  I am in the book, but so are a lot of Smiths!

Are you confused after reading that?  I am after writing it. :-)

To add to the weird coincidences, a few days before this all kicked off, I had had a reading from a psychic.  I don't believe in that sort of thing but this was from a friend of a friend.  Any way, she had said that I would meet and old friend.  I guess So-and-so can be considered an old friend.

Spooky!

* names changed for privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment